Who are we?
With our products we deliver peace of mind for our customers through our platform converging personal safety, mobile asset security, health and home services. Under the brands ScootSecure, MotorSecure and ClassicSecure we offer vehicle tracking solutions in the BeNeLux to recover these vehicles in case of theft. Being the only certified system in the Netherlands allows us to guarantee direct police follow up with a real-time trace of the device once reported stolen to our alarm center. Under the brand ICE Alarm we offer personal safety, lone worker and health solutions using a variety of alarm buttons, personal (GPS) and other IoT devices.
You will be part of a small, informal team with little hierarchy where everyone has versatile roles, responsibilities and a lot of freedom. Because we’re a startup, you will have the opportunity to work broadly across the product, using your skills to make a major impact on our business. Besides developing our platform you will be given the opportunity to contribute your opinions and views to the development of the organisation.
Our office is located in ./ (dotslash) Utrecht, a vibrant start- and scale up hub, conveniently in the heart of The Netherlands. The office can be easily reached by all means of transportation.
To facilitate our current growth and our future ambitions we are extending our team with you: a medior software developer! As a software developer you’ll be able to quickly make an impact in any of the services which power our platform, whether it’s frontend or backend. Perhaps you’ll even touch upon our operations side too!
- You will be working with passionate people and challenging projects to learn from
- We move fast and like to experiment with different technologies
- Responsibility and autonomy, combined with frequent feedback from your colleagues, will allow you to keep developing yourself
- You will assist in researching, prioritizing and planning of reported bugs, new features and improvements
- Testing applications and systems
- Increasing the scalability and performance of systems
Our current tech stack
Our backend runs as a high availability architecture consisting of many microservices, the majority of them written in PHP (Laminas framework) and NodeJS (TypeScript). They are communicating with each other using RabbitMQ as a message broker. Many are also available for direct communication using REST and RPC APIs. Our web apps are written in Angular (TypeScript) and our mobile apps reuse most of the web app code using NativeScript. Our databases are powered by Postgres. Of course many other tools and technologies are used, some examples are redis, gitlab, jenkins, nginx, apache, supervisor.
Our ideal candidate
- Appropriate intellectual and professional ability and a pro-active team player
- Innovative and like to stay up to date with the latest technological trends
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills
- You are meticulous and are good at organizing and prioritizing your tasks
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in professional software development
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in OO backend development
- Strong experience in relational databases, e.g. Postgres
- Experience in PHP and frameworks
- Experience in frontend development
- Experience in Node.js, Typescript, Java, SASS, Nativescript
- Experience in RabbitMQ, Jenkins, redis, REST, git, gitlab, apache, nginx
- Experience with continuous integration / continuous deployment
- At least a basic knowledge in Linux
- Go beyond coding and contribute to team processes and culture
- Help create an open, learning environment where questions are welcome
- Collaborate with teammates, talk about the work you do and explore ideas
This list is a guideline to give you some sense of what we’re looking for. But we know this isn’t a perfect world. So if you have any common ground and are a keen learner we’d love to hear from you! We think personal development and challenges are very important and would love to help you learn.
- The chance to be part of a unique and exciting startup with challenging projects
- A professional, informal, fun-loving environment where initiative is appreciated
- A flat organizational structure with enthusiastic colleagues who are focused on success through team effort
- A competitive salary and great perks, including travel allowance and a professional development budget
- A new MacBook or laptop of your choice including a budget for tech accessories
- Possibility to (partially) work from home
- Company provided lunch and snacks
- Friday drinks and team outings
Does the above apply to you and can you see yourself working with us? Or do you still have some questions and would like some clarifications first? Either way, we’d love to hear from you!